Do you ever feel tired? Do you ever feel like you just want to lock yourself in a closet and sit there? Or go on a walk with no cell phone and never return? Or just stay in bed for days? Have you ever felt EXHAUSTED?? Are you worn out??
Maybe you are worn out because of expectations you or others have set for yourself, all the times you say yes to do something else, because you are a mom, because of fear, because of worry, because of busy-ness, because of insecurities, because…
Paul while IN PRISON – he HAS to be worn out – tells us this:
8 Those who live only to satisfy their own sinful nature will harvest decay and death from that sinful nature. But those who live to please the Spirit will harvest everlasting life from the Spirit. 9 So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. 10 Therefore, whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone—especially to those in the family of faith. Galatians 6:8-10
It is GOOD to be a mom, a sister, a wife, a daughter, a teacher, a nurse, a church member – don’t let it wear you out. Persevere with joy!
Maybe you are wondering how?? Maybe you just feel beyond worn out and you are just ready to give in. Maybe you feel nothing… dry.
28 Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
29 He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
Our God is in complete control! He is good. He does not need sleep and doesn’t forget about you! He will RENEW YOUR STRENGTH!
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
8 Provisions for us worn out women – Angel Thomas (Extraordinary Women’s Conference)
1. The Presence of God restores – don’t neglect you time with Him even when you “don’t feel like it”
2. Sometimes we experience a divine WAIT before refreshment – don’t lose hope! Don’t stop praying! Don’t stop digging into the Word. If you fill empty… dig deeper!
3. The Sabbath rest is God’s gift to us – REST when you need to.
4. Jesus did not heal everyone or go everywhere – just because you want to do it all and are skilled to do it all, doesn’t mean you are CALLED to do it all. Do everything with all your heart but that doesn’t mean volunteering for every opportunity possible!
5. Jesus required physical, mental, and emotional rest – TAKE TIME TO YOURSELF!
6. Repentance leads to refreshing – Maybe you have things in your life that are weighing you down. Let it go! 🙂
7. If you walk in the good way, your soul will rest – don’t get caught up in gossip, in worry, in sin… that adds weight to your heart.
8. Godly friends restore your soul! – Hang out with friends who love the Lord! It makes your heart full! 🙂
58 Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
1 Corinthians 15:58