We currently serve on the Board of ServantCARE and act as ServantCARE Ambassadors for this amazing ministry. The goal is to serve those who are serving! Read more about our involvement HERE!
ServantCARE is a Christian ministry committed to serving those very people, missionaries and those in ministry. We do not supplant the support provided by mission agencies or ministries, but rather seek to enhance that care by providing additional, as well as supplemental services. Almost every mission agency cares deeply for its personnel, and provides training, encouragement, and support for them. Often, most of the actual contact, however, comes while they are home. Few receive on–field visits. As a cross-denominational ministry, we often work with independent missionaries who have few other means of encouragement and help by visiting them where they serve. We seek to care for the whole person, providing for their unique needs. Ministry families come to us from all areas of the world, some needing quiet rest, some needing healing from wounds of conflict and persecution, others simply needing to be heard, understood and supported in their time of trials. Whatever the needs, we seek to always be instruments of refreshment and restoration.
- Hospitality Homes ~ Available as missionaries travel in the U.S. as we encourage Christians to share their abundance by making housing available for furloughs and sabbaticals. We currently have 145 Hospitality Homes and would love to add more!
- Equipping the Saints ~ We encourage pastors and Christian leaders to share their knowledge and skills with other pastors and missionaries on the field.
- Prayer Shield ~ Effective prayer support by over 130 intercessors. We get wonderful praise reports!
- Regional CARE Locations ~ We offer a safe place to go and caring people to go to for personal ministry with certified and licensed couples at 8 locations around the county.
- Retreat Center – The Dwelling Place in Cassville , Wisconsin is available for retreats of a few days or for lengthy sabbaticals for missionaries and those in ministry.
- Resource Links ~ Twenty five pages of information on resources in many needed areas including scholarship resources for MK’s.
- Seminars ~ On occasion we will send/take someone to a seminar for training or refreshing.
- Books and CD’s ~ We supply many during the year.
- Computers ~ As God gives provision we pass them on to meet needs.
At ServantCARE, we desire to see the Body of Christ come to maturity in relation to missions, hospitality, servanthood (ministry to others), evangelism, intercessory prayer, and strategic prayer. We are available to teach (equip the saints) in small groups and churches on any of these subjects.
The Apostle John commended those who ministered to the itinerant ministers in his day, and we should certainly do no less for today’s missionaries.
3 John 5-8 ~ Beloved, you are acting faithfully in whatever you accomplish for the brethren, and especially when they are strangers; and they bear witness to your love before the church; and you will do well to send them on their way in a manner worthy of God. For they went out for the sake of the Name, accepting nothing from the Gentiles. Therefore we ought to support such men, that we may be fellow workers with the truth.
2013 Year in Review: